When you own a home or vehicle, or you’re renting a home in Miami, at one point or another, you’re going to need to contact a locksmith.
Many people are prepared for the inconvenience that comes with needing the assistance of a locksmith, but not many people are prepared for the cost of these services. It’s tempting to go with the cheapest locksmith you can find. However, let me rather explain why reputable teams such as Quickly Locksmith cost a bit more.
- Availability. When you need a locksmith in a hurry or at an odd time of the night, you’re going to pay a higher rate. Locksmiths account for the fact that they need to be available 24/7.
- Experience. If your repair is more complex, you need a locksmith that has the right skills and experience – if you want the work done in a timely manner anyway. What’s more, complex repairs require specialized tools, which also cost more.
- Insurance. Reputable locksmiths factor in the cost of insurance coverage.
- Products. The types of products you end up installing also make a difference to the final cost and is something to keep in mind when reviewing quotations.
This should give you a good idea of why you shouldn’t shy away from paying more for a reputable Miami locksmith. Shop around, but don’t make your decision based on price alone.
While we’re on the subject of price, let me take you through some of the other questions I am commonly asked.
What are the Most Expensive Locksmith Services?
Different locksmith services have different prices – here is a list of the services you can expect to pay more for:
- Residential Lockouts. A locksmith can get you back into your home quite easily, but if it’s at an odd hour or far away, expect to pay up to $150.
- Residential Key Duplication. If your household keys have electronic components, expect to pay $150 or more.
- New Residential Locks. A secure lock that lasts can cost up to $100, with labor being an additional cost.
- Smart Home System Installation. Smart home systems are complex, so bargain on paying at least $1,500.
- Vehicle Door Lock Replacement. If you ever need to replace your car’s lock, expect to pay anything between $200 and $600.
- Transponder Key Creation. While it depends on what you drive, new transponder keys start at around $250. If you just need to reprogram the key, this will set you back around $200.
Regardless of which service you require, always keep in mind that locksmiths charge more outside of usual business hours.
Is a Locksmith Ripping Me Off?
When you know you’re going to need to pay a high rate for locksmith services, it’s only natural to wonder whether the rates are a little too high.
Once you start shopping around for quotes, you will quickly see which locksmiths are charging ridiculous rates that are well above the average. You may also come across prices that seem too good to be true – this is generally because it’s a scam.
Some locksmiths charge overly low prices to get your business but end up leaving you with a much higher bill, blaming the high cost on complexity and parts.
Before you hire a locksmith based on them giving you a better rate, be sure to read through any reviews first. It also helps to get at least two more quotes from reputable locksmiths in Miami before you go ahead.
Will My Insurance Pay for a Locksmith?
Many home and vehicle owners also want to know whether they can rely on their insurance provider to cover some of the costs of a locksmith.
Unless locksmith services were specifically added to your insurance policy, chances are they won’t be covered. Even if there is some coverage, it’s usually quite limited. Some insurers may cover some of the costs associated with stolen keys and damaged locks, doors, and windows, but don’t count on it.
Automotive insurance is a little different though and will more than likely cover the cost of key duplication and vehicle lockouts. You would need to refer to your policy to know for sure.
Nobody wants to need the assistance of a locksmith, but it’s best to have a reputable locksmith on call anyway. If you want to save yourself time, money, and frustration, save the Quickly Locksmith number – (305) 984-9922 – we’re available 24/7.