When it comes to securing a home, people are mostly focused on their external doors. What about your internal doors though? Is there a good way to make your bedroom door more secure?
Whether you share your home with other people or want to feel safer when you’re tucked away in bed, there are a few options available to you. Keep in mind that most of these options will require the assistance of a locksmith.
Products That Make Your Bedroom Door More Secure
- Strike Plate Lock. A strike plate lock makes it more difficult for someone to kick in your bedroom door. These locks use longer screws, which is what holds the strike plate in place. It’s placed close to the door lock and has a hook that connects to the doorknob or handle. You can only use this lock from inside your bedroom.
- Security Bar or Barricade. Another solution that works from inside a bedroom is a security bar or barricade. You can fit a security bar between the floor and your door handle, which helps prevents intrusions. Door barricades are also connected to both the door and floor, making the door immovable when it’s in place.
- High Security Locks. Whether you are inside the room or not, a high security lock can make your bedroom door more secure. High security locks are made with high-quality metal as well as heavy deadbolts. They are also fitted with anti-picking technology to prevent lock bumping – you can read more about how to prevent lock bumping here.
- Keyless Door Reinforcement. This device is installed on the door jamb and stops the door from opening even if it’s unlocked.
- Smart Locks. Lastly, there’s the option to forgo traditional keys altogether. Smart locks are locked and unlocked using an app on your smartphone, so not just anyone can get in. As an extra measure, you can also add a deadbolt to the mix.
If you need advice or assistance with any of these options, contact Quickly Locksmith on (305) 984-9922.