The front door is one of the most common points of entry for intruders, which is why it’s important to make it as secure as possible. This is not to say intruders don’t target other areas of the home, the front door is just more of a common access point than people realize.
As you can imagine, you are going to require the assistance of a qualified locksmith to assist you with this task. However, it’s still important to understand what can be done to make your front door more secure.
Here are our top recommendations for clients:
- Replace your existing deadbolt with a heavy-duty, high-quality alternative. You can also reinforce the deadbolt strike plate.
- Install a keyless door lock if you are worried about bump keys.
- Reinforce your door frame, as well as your hinges, as this is a common weak spot. You can even look at replacing your door with something stronger and more secure.
- Protect any door windows with a safety film.
- Install a horizontal security bar, strike plate lock, or both.
- Invest in a video doorbell and/or a security camera.
- Look at additional external measures such as motion sensor lights.
Naturally, you don’t need to make all these changes. You may only need to make one or two changes to instantly improve the security of your front door. If you are unsure about the best approach, contact Quickly Locksmith for an evaluation.