If there is one thing that can turn your entire day around for the worst, it’s losing your keys. From being late for work to being locked out of your house, losing your keys is the worst.
If you’ve been making a habit of misplacing your keys and you’re worried about losing them again, these tips will help prevent that.
Practical Tips to Stop You from Losing Your Keys
- Pick a spot for your keys. To reduce the chances of losing your keys, have a designated spot in your home. Place a hook or bowl near your front door and make a habit of placing your keys in that spot every time you get home. Make it the first thing you do. As for when you are out and about, place your keys in the same place such as a specific pocket or your purse right away. In fact, keep it in a zipped-up pocket in your purse if it has one.
- Make it bigger and brighter. The more noticeable (and bulky) your keychain is, the easier it is to spot. Buy yourself a colorful lanyard or a few fun trinkets to liven up your keys and stop you from losing them as often.
- Track them. Thanks to technology, you can stop losing your keys for good. You have two options here. The first is to purchase a remote control key finder, which can find your keys at a push of a button. However, if the batteries go flat in the remote or finder, you won’t be able to track your keys. The second option is a wireless app tracker. All you need is to attach the FOB to your keys and download the app to link the two. This option gives you a lot more reach because it uses Wi-Fi.
- Keep a set in your car. Keeping a spare set of keys in your car is one way to always ensure you know where to find them. Just make sure that you always lock your car or you risk handing your house keys to a criminal.
- Speaking of spares. If you don’t already have spare keys, now is the time to make at least one copy. You can either leave them with a trusted neighbor or friend, or you can purchase a discreet key holder that you can place in your garden.
Need Help with Spares?
To give you some extra peace of mind, let us help you with spare keys for your home and vehicle. Contact Quickly Locksmith on (305) 984-9922.