Now that you need the assistance of a professional locksmith in Brickell, Miami, you might be wondering what you can expect to pay for this type of service.
Even if you don’t need help right away but want to know what you could expect to pay once you do need to contact a locksmith, this guide is for you.
You never know when a lock-related emergency might strike. And many times, it can happen at the most inconvenient time, which is when it helps to know who you should call.
There are a number of factors to consider when selecting a local locksmith in Miami and price is one of them.
In this guide, we delve deeper into locksmith costs to help you make a more informed decision.
But first, let’s look at the types of services you can expect from a Brickell locksmith.
Basic Locksmith Services
Locksmith services generally fall into one of three categories. Some locksmiths offer all three categories, while others might just specialize in one.
- Residential. Residential locksmith services include any service that will either enhance the security of your home or get you back in if you find yourself locked out. This can include rekeying locks, installing new locks, duplicating keys, and installing security systems.
- Automotive. If you find yourself locked out of your vehicle or your key has broken off in the trunk or ignition, a locksmith can get you back on the road again. Mechanical faults are not something a local locksmith can assist you with.
- Commercial. If you own or run a business, you will eventually need the help of a locksmith too. A locksmith can help you upgrade your security and better manage who has access to your business premises. They can also get you back into your offices or store if you are locked out.
Factors That Affect the Cost of a Locksmith in Brickell
There are no set pricing structures that locksmiths need to follow – every locksmith is slightly different. What is standard though are the factors that can affect pricing.
- Your location. The distance a locksmith needs to travel will alter the total price you pay for their services. Distance needs to be factored in to make up for fuel and any vehicle maintenance.
- Services required. The type of service you need and the skill that’s required to complete the job will also affect the total price. The more complicated a job is, the more your Brickell locksmith is likely to charge.
- Products. If your locksmith needs new parts to complete a job, this too will impact the overall price. And naturally, the more parts that are required, the more it will cost. Specific brands also cost more than others.
- Labor and time on site. Next, there is the amount of time a locksmith spends assisting you. Some locksmiths will include a specific amount of time in their quotation and charge for any extra time over and above that.
- Experience. Lastly, a locksmith that is more experienced may charge more for their services. This is generally because they’re able to get things done quicker.
What You Can Expect to Pay for a Locksmith in Brickell
Now that you have a better idea of the services a locksmith offers and the factors that can affect price, let’s give you an idea of what you can expect to pay.
- Lockout services. Whether you are locked out of your home, office, or vehicle, lockout services start at around $60. However, you can expect to pay more if you need assistance outside of business hours.
- New lock installation. Need to install new locks because your old locks are broken or outdated? Expect to pay around $75 for this service. As you can guess, the brand and type of lock you choose will affect this price. Smart locks are one of the pricier options.
- Lock rekeying. If you don’t need to replace your locks and would prefer to rekey them instead, expect to pay around $30 – $50.
- Lock repairs. If it’s possible to repair a lock instead of replacing it entirely, you will probably end up paying around $50 but this depends on the extent of the damage.
- Key extraction. Key broken off in your lock? Locksmith key extraction costs start from about $60. The same cost applies if your car key breaks off in the door of your vehicle. This cost can increase if the extraction is complicated though.
- Safe lockouts. Should you find yourself locked out of a residential or commercial safe, you can expect to pay at least $100 to get back in. However, the type of safe and the method required can affect the final price.
- Car key replacement. If your original car key was lost or is broken, a locksmith can provide you with a replacement, starting from about $120.
- Car key duplication. If you simply want to create a spare key and have the original, you can expect to pay a little less. Car key duplication starts at about $10. However, the type of key, as well as your car brand, will make a difference to the overall price.
- Car key programming. Vehicle owners that require a new transponder key will also need to program it. This means a locksmith needs to get a key to work with your specific vehicle. This alone will cost around $50. However, since most people need to pair this service with a new key, you can expect to pay upward of $100.
Now that you know what to consider when shopping around for a locksmith, you can approach the task with an open mind, while still knowing what you should and shouldn’t settle for.
Don’t wait until you find yourself in a jam to review locksmiths in Brickell, Miami – rather know who you can call and what you can expect to pay for the service before you need it.
If you need a fast and reliable locksmith in Brickell, keep the number of Quickly Locksmith on hand.